Thursday, September 5, 2013

Still in Dornoch, Thurs Sept 5


Walking back with the day's grocery bag, I paused to take photo of Dornoch Catherdral's Mercat Cross. 
 I thought, Too bad it's raining the photo will be dull. 
Then I leisurely read the info posted nearby. And thought, I'm standing here happy in the drizzling rain. I must be Scottish.... 

It rains on and off. Then the sun comes out. Then goes in. 
No big whoop.


The grocer I just came from. 


The bakery. There's a second one RIGHT next door. 


One of two Butchers in town. 


Only one bookstore. 


Pharmacy. 



The Cathedral, from 1300's. 


We are second from left in building w four townhouses. 
That's downtown Dornoch. 


Another spectacular walk, Littleferry. 
Saw seals. 


We took the high road/ path. 


Got cackled at by roosters. 


I had energy, so I went off to Skelbo Wood by myself in the afternoon. An arty walk. Remember, Mike has already walked playing 18 holes at Royal Dornoch, so don't be too impressed with my energy. 


I like he is walking away from the path.


Serene.  Beautiful. 


Today Camore Wood. 


At start they have a loop of woodland play spots for kids. 


Tunnels. 




Can't you just see leprachauns, elves, fairies, and little green men living in these woods?

























No comments:

Post a Comment