Sunday, January 6, 2013

Really, Really Excited

Still really, really, really excited to go to Israel.
Really, really excited.

Buying all the things. Ordered two adapter plugs each for Israel and for Greece on Amazon.com. Ordered the DK Eyewitness Travel Guides for Israel and Greece on Amazon. I have found them to be the best through the years to take traveling. I need photos as well as words. I can get all the words I want on the internet with my IPAD. I also ordered three travel guides which focused on the spiritual side of Israel. Don't know how they are so I will fill you in when I read them; stay tuned. (Oh, what a tantalizing teaser.)

The April Israeli weather seems similar to Florida, maybe a little cooler. Athens is definitely cooler. I like this. Israel's late April temperatures on weatherbase.com seem to be 60 - 80 F. And Athens are 52 -70 F.  Good touring weather.

Filled out the Personal Information Form for A & K. Xeroxed the info page of our passports. First, found our passports. Checked they were valid.  Then made copies.

Quickly booked hotel in Athens. Grande Bretagne. It's the highest ranked big hotel in Athens on TripAdvisor.com. Athens is the rest stop before the heart of our tour. Figure I can research it later, but should book something now so we have somewhere for five nights in Athens. Same for Tel Aviv. We land in Tel Aviv April 20, the tour starts April 21. So booked the one prior night in same hotel tour has us in. The Intercontinental David.

Now to get in shape. Need to be able to walk 4 miles a day without pain. That's MY goal. I'm at 2.5 miles pain free now. It's the knee.

I have been contemplating and researching bible studies for this spring. I don't want to lead one, I want to be a sheep. An enthusiastic sheep. Planning to join one I have never been in before. They are focusing on Peter. Specifically the homework for Session 1 is to read the first chapter of 1 Peter. Always enjoyed Peter.

Peter's got the ADHD thing down pat.
He's really, really, really excited to follow Jesus.
Falls, gets up.
He's really, really, really excited to follow Jesus.
Falls, gets up.

Who does this remind you of?



No comments:

Post a Comment